Career days are great place to learn about your career path. At one place you have dozens of company representatives which are there for you. It is a must visit place in order to find yourself and to find your dream job.
Burch university is organizing career day every year for their students. Be updated and follow up when is the next career day so you can be prepared.
How to prepare for the career day and Career day success checklist:
Before the event:
- Create or update your resume
- Make enough copies of your resume(s) so you can present one to each organization that interests you
- Prepare questions to ask the organizations' representatives.
At the event:
- Dress professionally.
- Carry copies of your resume(s) and any materials you may need to reference.
- Meet as many employer representatives as possible
- Hand your resume to representatives of the organizations for which you might like to work, and collect their business cards. Ask for referrals within the company if the representative knows of opportunities for your field of interest or geographic preference.
- Ask company-specific questions and start building relationships that can lead to opportunities later.
After the event:
- Write down notes about conversations you had with recruiters. If you wait too long you might forget what you said to whom.
- Within a few days, send a thank you note to each recruiter with whom you talked – especially if you are considering future opportunities with the organization.
- Remember to apply online after the fair if the recruiter instructs you to!